What to Expect from Prenatal and Postnatal Chiropractic Care
Pregnancy is one of the most life changing processes any woman can go through, bringing not only emotional and mental changes, but also physical changes to your body. As great as it is to feel a baby grow in your body, pregnancy may also come with a few not-so-desirable effects such as musculoskeletal concerns.
To help make your pregnancy as comfortable as possible, there are a couple of options available to you that may address the severity of the aches and pains in your body while pregnant – one of them being chiropractic care. Looking for a prenatal chiropractor? Dr. Kerry Falzon (Chiropractor) from Our Family Chiropractor is a professional and qualified Doctor of Chiropractic who may be able to assist with pre and postnatal care.
Below, we’ll cover our procedures in helping you overcome the pains of pregnancy as well as after you give birth.
Prenatal Chiropractor Care
Chiropractic care may help manage pain in your back, hips, and joints, and can also establish pelvic balance. In fact, according to the Journal of Chiropractic Medicine, ‘chiropractic evaluation and treatment during pregnancy may be considered a safe and effective means of treating common musculoskeletal symptoms that affect pregnant patients’.
At Our Family Chiropractor, we have specific checks that we use during pregnancy to assess whether you are in optimal balance and whether or not chiropractic care may be beneficial to you.
- Our chiropractic adjustments help to keep your pelvis and spine in optimum balance and allow your body to best adapt to the significant changes (biomechanical and hormonal changes) that occur.
- Before performing any chiropractic care, we use nervous system scans to check your body’s ability to adapt to stress, autonomic nervous system function and your postural efficiency.
- We also make sure that our chiropractic procedures are modified during pregnancy, so that we can use low force techniques to keep treatment gentle and safe.
- To make sure your chiropractic experience is a comfortable one, we also use chiropractic pregnancy pillows so that you can lie face down with your baby safe and secure.
At Our Family Chiropractor, we provide women with advice on natural health during pregnancy thorough educating on how to keep physical, chemical and mental stress levels in check. We have reading materials in the clinic which can guide you on supporting a safe pregnancy, leaving both you and your baby as healthy as possible.
Postnatal Chiropractic Care
When it comes to postnatal care, it is essential that your treatments are gentle and safe for your body. Our health practitioners at Our Family Chiropractor are experienced in helping women who have all different types of births – including those with many interventions or none at all.
Postnatal chiropractic care may involve:
- A postnatal check up and debriefing about your birth experience
- Physical and postural checks including chiropractic, orthopedic and neurological checks so see what your nervous system health is like.
- We may also devise a plan for you to help get your body back on track as soon as possible.
Chiropractic adjustments can be a great way to get your body back into alignment after birth. Our focus is to create an aligned spine and build great core strength again so your body is strong and stable. This may help with back pain during pregnancy, as well as after.
In the case that we find that you need extra postnatal support, we have trusted providers who we can refer you to for protective joint care as well.
Chiropractic and Pregnancy
If you’re looking for a prenatal chiropractor in Sydney, why not contact Dr. Kerry Falzon (Chiropractor) at Our Family Chiropractor? With a decade of experience helping pregnant women and mothers with their musculoskeletal concerns, Dr. Kerry may help make your prenatal and postnatal pregnancy experience a comfortable and memorable one. You can read more about how chiropractors may help during pregnancy here.
At Our Family Chiropractor, we strive to make your pregnancy experience as healthy and positive as possible, with our chiropractic adjustments and pain relieving care.
Phone: 02 9527 6492
Dr. Kerry Falzon (Chiropractor) is the principal chiropractor and founder of Our Family Chiropractor. Kerry studied a Bachelor of Chiropractic Science degree and followed this up with a Master of Chiropractic. Kerry has a passion for natural healthcare, particularly helping her clients achieve optimal nervous system health and spinal function. Areas of clinical interest include care for pregnant women, paediatric care, newborns, mums, dads, grandparents & athletes.